Rosary Hour of Prayer
OUR WEEKLY GATHERING FOR PRAYER
The Rosary Hour of Prayer has been thriving since 1989. We are a very Marian centered group who take very seriously our Blessed Mother’s maternal role for the salvation of souls. Our group has received many blessings through our dedicated prayers and have channeled many unknown graces in faithful service in the name of Christ.
PLEASE JOIN US!
- We gather together every Tuesday from 2-3 pm in the Cathedral Chapel
- No membership is required
- No fundraisers to work
- Simply come and adore Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament with open and loving hearts
Two months of the year we honor Mary in a very special way:
- May is the month of Mary. We crown her as our heavenly mother, the Queen of Heaven and Earth.
- On September 8th, the church celebrates Mary’s birth. As a group, we honor her in procession during our prayer time. October is the month of the Holy Rosary with October 7th being the feast day of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary. On these occasions we make special petition for her maternal intercession to her Son.
- We have a special dedication to the Holy Rosary. Our Blessed Mother has asked to continually pray the Rosary as a spiritual weapon to fight Satan and seek protection for a world torn by war and violence.
CONSECRATION TO JESUS THROUGH MARY
St. John Paul II highly encouraged all Catholics to consecrate themselves to “Jesus through Mary”. The Total Consecration according to St. Louis de Montfort was his recommendation. Many of our group have done the preparation and consecration to Our Blessed Mother in the method of St. Louis de Montfort.
In 2011, Fr. Michael E. Gaitley, MIC wrote a simplified preparation based on De Montfort’s spirituality. In 33 Days to Morning Glory, Fr. Gaitley incorporated the lives of St. John Paull II, Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta and St. Maximilian Kolbe in showing the vast possibilities and blessings which one can receive through our trust and dependence on Mary for the graces of her Son. Our group enthusiastically seeks to emulate this approach.
A Personal Testimony
"My spiritual life has thrived since I consecrated myself to Jesus through Mary, about 20 years ago. I made The Total Consecration according to Saint Louis Marie de Montfort and I renew my consecration on that anniversary each year. Upon hearing about the 33 Days to Morning Glory consecration, I decided to follow that because the consecration included a group & meeting once a week for six weeks. Fr. Gaitley showed a video first and then we broke into groups with discussions following. I can truthfully say now, I live my life as Mary’s disciple. I have had many opportunities come into my life to help me spread devotion to Her, which has brought me so much closer to Jesus. When I experience 'the valleys' in my life, I try to remember to let go and let God direct my life. I just can’t go wrong."
Our mission is to come together in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament for a holy hour to pray the rosary, chaplet of Divine Mercy and as time allows, various prayers following the Liturgical Calendar. With Perpetual Adoration in the chapel as our backdrop, our Rosary Hour of Prayer group combines vocal prayer as well as quiet time for adoration. We pray for the many needs of our families, our church family, our nation and extended prayer for our world.
Contact Rosalie Makarewicz 989.732.5207
Interested in learning more about how to pray the rosary? Read more