Online Giving with WeShare
A Secure & Convenient Way to Contribute to St. Mary Cathedral.
Make your donations without writing any checks. St. Mary Cathedral uses the WeShare online giving program. Online donations may be made at any time through WeShare from the comfort of your own home or any place with internet access. Online donations are credited to your tax statement for the end of the year, and you can change your account preferences and donation amounts at any time.
Benefits of Online Giving include:
How Do I Get Started?
1. Signing In
Every time you visit the WeShare website, you will see the option in the top right corner to Login. If you have visited the site before, you will simply click on that button and enter your email address and password.
If this is your first visit, you will simply click on "Make a Donation" under the individual giving opportunity of your choice and begin donating. An account will be created for you as part of the process and you will receive an email with a temporary password that will allow you to log in to the site in the future.
2. Making a Donation
Making a donation is simple! First, you select the individual collection you wish to contribute to. You will then be given two options: Recurring Donation and One-Time Donation.
1. To begin a recurring donation, you will first choose an amount and then select the donation frequency. Options include weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually.
2. You will then decide when to start and end your recurring donation. Once a decision has
been made, you will click Next to proceed.
3. You will then select the payment source for the donation. Available options include Checking/Savings Direct Withdrawal, Debit Card, and Credit Card. If you've been to the site
previously and chose to save a payment source, that source will be available to you as an option, or you can create a new one.
4. If you are a first time donor through WeShare, you will be asked to provide your basic contact information. After you complete this once, you will not have to enter it again.
5. Lastly, you will check an “I Agree” box and click the Create Your Recurring Transaction button to authorize the donation.
1. You may also choose to make a one-time donation. To do so, you will first click on the collection of your choice, then the One-Time Donation button.
When making a one-time donation, you can either choose a preselected donation amount or enter in a custom amount. Once you have done so, you will proceed through the same payment and authorization process outlined above for recurring donations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is WeShare safe?
Can I use my regular checking or savings account?
Can I use my credit card?
What if I feel uncomfortable not having something to physically drop into the collection basket?
Can I make a one time donation?
Can I contribute different amounts to different offerings? Can they be withdrawn at different times? Can I use different accounts for the contributions?
Can I easily adjust my donation amount?
How are my contributions automatically deducted from my account?
When will my contribution be deducted from my account?
If I do not write checks, then how do I balance my checkbook?
How can I receive a receipt for my donation?
What if I change bank accounts?
What if I want to stop using Online Giving?
Still Have Questions?
If you have additional questions regarding our Online Giving program, please contact Melissa Switalski in the parish office at 989-732-5448.